Monday, October 24, 2005

Other Religions and Christianity


I have students asking me all of the time "what is the difference between Christianity and other world religions?

They ask me questions like:
Don't we all worship the same God?
Aren't there many ways to God?

Here is a great article from EveryStudent.Com that examines the difference in several world religions and Christianity, Connecting With the Divine.

Is there a difference?
In looking at these major belief systems and their views of God, we find tremendous diversity:
  • Hindus believe in 300,000 gods.
  • Buddhists say there is no deity.
  • New Age followers believe they are God.
  • Muslims believe in a powerful but unknowable God.
  • Christians believe in a God who is loving and approachable.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was very interesting
it helped me answer many questions that I get asked -
evolution gets asked many times - the adam and eve how can we come from just those two deal...
I loved the links I ended up in while reading this..
thank you for this blog - I don't answer much but I read often

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home